Akorn Dino Beef Plate Ribs
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 5 Hours Min
- 1 Beef Plate Ribs
- 2 Mustard
- 3 Loot N’ Booty What’s Your Beef Rub
- 4 50/50 Coarse Salt & Coarse Pepper
- 5 Akorn® Kamado Charcoal Grill
- 6 Smokin’ Stone & Drip Pan
- 7 Fogo Premium Lump Charcoal & Mesquite Wood Chunks
- 8 Char-Griller Grills Remote Thermometer
- 9 Butcher Paper
- 10 Apple Juice With Spritzer
Smoked Beef Ribs are full of flavor and are easy to make.
- 6 pounds beef plate bone ribs (3 bones): Trim fat and silver skin from the top and bottom.
- Apply mustard to all the sides.
- Season all sides of the meat with Loot N’ Booty What’s Your Beef Rub and 50/50 Coarse Salt & Coarse Pepper.
- Tip: Allow ribs to get to room temperature prior to smoking. This allows the seasonings to sweat and absorb into the meat and meat to start smoking faster.
- Prep Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill, Smokin’ Stone & drip pan filled with water.
- Preheat Akorn Kamado & Smoke at temperature 250°: used Fogo Premium Lump Charcoal & Mesquite Wood Chunks.
- Tip: remember to use your Char-Griller Grills Remote Thermometer to take the guess work out your cooking.
- Spritz with apple juice every 45 minutes during the smoking process and rotate the ribs each time.
- Place ribs in Akorn Kamado and smoke until internal temperature 170° is met, roughly takes 4-5 hours.
- Tip: while smoking if a spot on the meat is getting too much char, place a small piece of foil covering the spot to help prevent that spot from burning/drying out.
- Wrap with peach/butcher paper and apple juice once internal temperature 170° is met.
- Place back in the Akorn Kamado and cook until internal temperature 199° is met, roughly takes one-two hours.
- Remove from the smoker and allow to rest in a cooler covered with a towel/blanket for 1-2 hours.
- Remove, slice and enjoy!