AKORN Smoked Meatloaf
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 1½ lbs. ground beef
- 2 1½ lbs. ground pork
- 3 2 C. dry breadcrumbs
- 4 1 C. finely chopped sweet onion
- 5 1 egg, beaten
- 6 1 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 7 1 Tsp. garlic, minced
- 8 1 Tsp. dried tarragon (optional)
- 9 1 Tsp. sea salt
- 10 1 Tsp. ground black pepper
- 11 ½ C. barbecue sauce
- 12 ½ C. ketchup
1. Pre-heat grill to 350°F. Add wood chips/chunks, if desired and Smokin’ Stone on top.
2. Combine ground beef and pork, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, tarragon, if using, sea salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl and mix until just blended.
3. Divide the mixture in half, and form 2 loaves.
4. Mix the barbecue sauce and ketchup in a small bowl until well combined.
5. Place each meatloaf into a loaf pan and spread barbecue sauce mixture evenly onto each loaf.
6. Cook for about 1 hour or until internal temperature of loaves reaches 155°F.