Bourbon & Pecan Sweet Potato Hasselbacks
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 2-4 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 3 1 Stick of Butter
- 4 3 Tbsp Bourbon
- 5 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
If you love sweet potatoes, this Bourbon & Pecan Sweet Potato Hasselbacks recipe from Char-Griller® Ambassador, Christina Stawiasz of @thyme.and.timber is the recipe for you. Combining the sweet and earthy flavor of sweet potatoes with the warm flavor of bourbon and the nutty favor of pecans creates a delicious side dish that you will want to make again and again.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat 375 to 400 degrees
- Prep your potatoes. Scrub the potatoes clean and leave the skin intact. To stabilize the potatoes (if they roll around a lot), slice a very thin amount off the bottom. Next, carefully slice straight down into the sweet potato leaving about 1/4 inch intact on the bottom. Create very thin slits about 1/4 inch each. You can place chopsticks or wooden spoons on both sides to prevent cutting all the way through.
- In a small pot combine the butter, bourbon, pecans and brown sugar. Simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and baste the sweet potatoes.
- Place the basted potatoes on the indirect heat side of the grill. Close the grill and baste again after 30 minutes. Remove the potatoes once they are fork tender. Depending on the size this could take anywhere from 50 minutes to an hour +. Test with a skewer or knife.
- Remove the potatoes from the grill and give them one final basting before serving. For added sweetness sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.