Steak Night! Steak, Shrimp and Asparagus on the Akorn
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 NY Strip Steaks
- 2 Asparagus
- 3 Raw shrimp
- 4 Salt & Pepper
- 5 2 Lemons
- 6 Minced Garlic
- 7 Olive Oil
- 8 Shrimp seasoning (we used Uncle Steve's Shake - gator shake)
You don't need a steakhouse to have a picture perfect family steak night. Make it a full course meal, adding shrimp and healthy, flavorful asparagus. Our ambassador, Rob Kennedy of Mr. Homeowner is your new go-to for homestyle recipes with a professional flair.
- Pat your steak dry and cover with a thin coat of olive oil
- Cover all sides with some salt and pepper
- Let the steak sit on the counter while you get the shrimp and asparagus ready
- Peel the shrimp
- place on skewers and cover with your favorite seasoning
- Cut the woody portion off the bottom of the asparagus, coat with oil and season with salt, pepper, minced garlic. Squeeze some lemon juice over
- Bring your grill up to 500F and place your steaks on there
- no diffuser plate.
- After 2 minutes, twist 45 degrees
- After 2 minutes, flip
- After 2 minutes twist 45 degrees
- After 2 minutes temp probe and let cook until 130F internal for medium rare
- Pull steak and let it rest room temp while you cook your shrimp and asparagus
- With grill still at 500F, place shrimp skewers on grill
- Place asparagus directly on grill as well
- single file if possible
- Keep an eye on these
- flip the shrimp after about 3 minutes and move the asparagus around.
- Cook until desired doneness
- shrimp should be 145F if you would like to be safe.