Smokin’ Queso Dip
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 40 Min
- 1 Velveeta Original Cheese: 16 oz. Cubed
- 2 Colby & Monterrey Jack Cheese: 8 0z. Cubed
- 3 Char-Griller Grills Taco & Fajita Seasoning to taste
- 4 Taco Bell Original Seasoning: 1 oz.
- 5 Hormel Chili with Beans: 15 0z.
- 6 Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese: 8 oz. Cubed
- 7 Fresh Cilantro: small: ¾ cup, chopped
- 8 Chorizo: 6 oz. pre-cooked, Chopped
- 9 Pickled jalapenos: 1 Cup Diced with the Juice (about 4 jalapenos)
- 10 Green Chiles: 4 oz. Diced
- 11 Lime: 2, squeezed for Juice
- 12 Milk: 1 cup
- 13 Tomatoes: 2 (Diced)
- 14 Tortilla Chips: 1 Bag
- 15 Char-Griller Grills Drip Pan used to cook or use a medium size pan
Looking for a quick and delicious game day recipe? This Smoked Queso is the perfect dish! Easy to personalize and great for a crowd, this recipe from Ambassador James Llorens is sure to score a touchdown.
- Place all the ingredients in sections in the pan and it’s ready for the Smoker
- Clean the Char-Griller Smokin’ Champ 1733 using a grate scraper, cooking spray oil and a BBQ grease rag.
- Using the Char-Griller Grills Charcoal Chimney fire up a full chimney of lump charcoal to 360°. Offset the charcoal on the right side of the fire grate in the main grilling area.
- Allow the smoker to warm up for 30 mins & then place the cherry wood chunks on top of the cooking grate over the fire.
- Place the queso pan opposite side of the fire.
- Stir/mix all the ingredients once they begin to melt: 10 minutes.
- Smoke for 40 minutes and remove.
- Certified Tip: if the queso is too thick add a small amount of milk to it
- Serve with Tortilla Chips and enjoy!