Smoked Turkey Legs
Prep Time: 25 Min | Cook Time: 3.5 Hrs
- 1 1 Gallon of Water
- 2 1 cup of Kosher Salt
- 3 2 Tbsp of Garlic (Minced)
- 4 2 Tbsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 5 4 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 6 4 Tbsp of Onion Powder
- 7 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 8 2 Tbsp of Dried Basil
- 9 2 Tbsp of Dried Sage
- 10 2 Tbsp of Dried Thyme
- 11 1 Tsp of Paprika
- 12 1 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 13 2-3 Bay Leaves
A county fair or carnival favorite fresh off the smoker and in the comfort of your own backyard, these Smoked Turkey Legs are easy to make and will surely make your taste buds sing.
- Combine all the brine recipes in a large pot and bring to a boil. Let it cool.
- As it boils, rinse the turkey legs. Once the brine cools, submerge the turkey legs in it. Cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- Heat your smoker to 225-250°F. Remove the turkey legs from the refrigerator and pat dry with paper towels, allowing them to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the turkey legs to the smoker and cook for 3-4 hours until the legs have a dark exterior and the juices run clear.
Allow them to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving as is, with barbecue sauce and with any desired sides