Smoked Beef Chili
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 4 Hrs
- 1 Chuck Roast - 2 Lbs
- 2 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt (for beef)
- 3 1 Tbsp Coarse Black Pepper (for beef)
- 4 1 tsp Garlic Powder (for beef)
- 5 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (for beef)
- 6 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 7 1 Large Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 8 6 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 9 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 10 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 11 1 (28 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 12 1 (14 oz) Can Tomato Sauce
- 13 2 (15 oz) Cans Red Kidney Beans (Rinsed)
- 14 Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 15 Fritos, Cheddar Cheese, Cilantro (Toppings)
Want to upgrade your chili? This Smoked Beef Chili Recipe adds the extra step of smoking the beef before adding it to the rest of the ingredients to create a rich, flavorful, and totally unique chili.
1. Heat your Char-Griller to a temperature of 275 F. Rub the chuck roast with olive oil and season with the mixture of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place chuck roast in the Char-Griller away from the fire.
2. When the chuck roast has reached an internal temp of 165 F pull from the grill and let rest. After 10 minutes cut the chuck roast into cubes.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan and add onions, season with salt/pepper to taste. Cook until onions have softened.
4. Add minced garlic, chili powder, and cumin to the onions and stir until fragrant. Add the cubed chuck roast and stir until coated with the chili mixture.
5. Transfer the chili mixture into a Dutch oven and add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans. Stir well to combine.
6. Place Dutch oven back on grill and continue to cook at a temperature of 275 F. Stir occasionally.
7. When chili has melded, and the beef is fork tender it is ready to serve. Serve with your favorite chili toppers and enjoy!