Skirt Steak Pinwheels
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 Skirt Steak- 1 Pound
- 2 Chopped Chives- 1/4 Cup
- 3 Diced Fresh Tomato- 1/4 Cup
- 4 Minced Garlic- 1 Tablespoon
- 5 Salted Butter- 1 Stick
- 6 J Christopher Co. The Rub- 1 Tablespoon
- 7 Vegetable Oil- 1 Teaspoon
- 8 Wooden Skewers- 2
Calling all steak lovers! These skirt steak pinwheels are like a little piece of heaven with a flavor packed center. If you want a restaurant quality meal in the comforts of your own home, this is the perfect recipe for you!
1. 30 minutes before prep: Soak wooden skewers in water to avoid burning.
2. Prepare your Akorn or your favorite Char-Griller grill for direct high heat.
3. Lay out skirt steak and slice long way down the middle to make two evenly wide pieces. Each piece should be about 2 inches wide. Lay pieces out flat.
4. Prepare butter. In small mixing bowl add butter, vegetable oil, minced garlic, and The Rub. With spoon, mash butter until your able to whip smooth.
5. Spread butter mixture on the two skirt steak pieces. Sprinkle on chives and tomatoes.
6. Start at end closest to you and roll steak up and away from you, pulling in as you go to keep pinwheel tight. Once rolled, slide wooden skewer through the steak as if you were making a beef lollipop.
7. Sprinkle both sides of the pinwheels with The Rub and place directly on the grill over direct high heat. Shut lid and let cook 5 minutes, turn, and cook another 3-5 minutes with lid closed. Both sides should be seared and brown. I find cooking these to a medium warm pink center rather than medium rare allows for a more tender bite with this cut.
8. Let rest 5-10 minutes and enjoy!