Grilled Steak Caesar Salad
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 Hanger or Flank Steak (12 oz)
- 2 Large Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 3 1/2 Baguette, Cut into Large Cubes
- 4 1/3 Cup Shaved Parmesan
- 5 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 7 Juice of One Lemon (Dressing)
- 8 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (Dressing)
- 9 1 Tbsp Anchovy Paste (Dressing)
- 10 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic (Dressing)
- 11 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan (Dressing)
- 12 1 Egg Yolk (Dressing)
- 13 1 Tbsp Dijon (Dressing)
- 15 Salt and Pepper to Taste (Dressing)
Usually, the last thing you want to do on a Friday night is cooking a complicated dinner. But you might not want to order takeout (again) either. Char-Griller Ambassador and Personal Chef Aubrey Johansen's Grilled Steak Caesar Salad Recipe is the perfect solution!
1. Heat up Char-Griller to high heat. I used charcoal for extra flavor, but if you’re pressed for time, gas is always a wonderful option! Season your steak liberally, lots of salt and pepper, my friends.
2. Cut washed romaine in half, and toss cubed baguette with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Once grill is heated to 500+, lay steak on clean grates, and add romaine cut side down, and crouton cubes as well. Turn croutons every 1-2 minutes, until they’re golden brown.
4. Pull romaine and croutons from grill, and allow steak to cook evenly on both sides. I like my steak medium-rare, so I cooked each piece for 4 minutes per side.
5. Pull the steak and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
6. While your steak is resting, blend all the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil until a paste forms.
7. Then, with the blender running on low, slowly drizzle in the oil until well combined and thick- you know what caesar dressing should look like!
8. Chop grilled romaine, slice steak, and assemble on your salad plate, sprinkling with the grilled croutons and shaved parmesan. Drizzle the dressing over the top, and you’ve got dinner ready to go! Enjoy, friends!