AKORN Grilled Sausages
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 Favorite Sausages: 5
- 2 Poppy Seed Buns: 5
- 3 Onion: 1, moon sliced
- 4 Red Pepper: 1, julienne
- 5 Mustard: to taste
- 6 Sport Peppers: to taste
- 7 Cast Iron Skillet
- 8 Char-Griller AKORN Kamado
- 9 Your Preferred Lump Charcoal: one chimney full
This Grilled Sausage recipe is the perfect recipe to switch up your regular hot dog day. Fire up your AKORN® and load your sausage up with all your favorite toppings!
- Gather the sausages and cut the onions and red peppers.
- Using the Char-Griller® Charcoal Chimney, fire up a full chimney of lump charcoal.
- Allow the AKORN® to warm up to 300°- 400° for 30 minutes.
- Warm the cast iron skillet with olive oil for 10 minutes while the AKORN® is warming up.
- Place the sausages on the cooking grate and place the onions and red peppers in the cast iron skillet.
- Flip the sausages and stir the onions and peppers after 12-15 minutes.
- Grill for 30 minutes and remove.
- Warm the poppy seed buns for a few minutes.
- Build your sausage with the warm bun, onions, red peppers, mustard, and sport peppers.
- Serve and enjoy!