2-Burner Flat Iron® Seasoned Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 1 Lemon
- 4 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 5 1 Tbsp of Onion Powder
- 6 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning or choice of herbs
- 7 1 Tbsp of Char-Griller Lemon Pepper Rub
- 8 1 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper
These seasoned chicken breasts will make your taste buds sing. Totally prepared on the Flat Iron®, they will be the perfect protein standing alone in a weeknight dinner or sliced in a salad for a weekend lunch.
- If you prefer to rinse your chicken breasts, do so in cold water. Pat completely dry with paper towels.
- In a resealable bag add olive oil, and all herbs and seasonings. Add chicken and seal the bag before mixing until all pieces are thoroughly coated. Place the bag(s) in the refrigerator for 1 hour-overnight.
- With Flat Iron® preheated to medium heat, add chicken breast and generous squirt of water to the cooktop before covering with the Char-Griller Basting Dome.
- Keeping covered, allow it to cook for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove Basting Dome and generously squeeze juice from lemon over each chicken breast.
- Allow chicken to cook uncovered for 5-6 more minutes, letting water to evaporate and slight crusting to form on bottom before flipping once more.
- Cook chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!