Flat Iron™ Smash Burgers
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 1 1/2 Lbs Ground Beef
- 2 8 Slices Of Cheese
- 3 4 Burger Buns
- 4 Salt & Pepper
- 5 Lettuce
- 6 Tomato
- 7 Onion
- 8 Pickle
- 9 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 10 1/4 Cup Dijon
- 11 1 Tbsp Honey
- 12 2 Tbsp Sweet Pickles (Diced Finely)
- 13 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
In times of stress, I turn to the kitchen. It's where I go to create nourishment for the people I love, especially right now. I've been spending more time cooking, creating lots of new methods for our Char-Griller family, and I'm so excited to share this recipe with you!
This crispy, juicy, smash burger is one of our favorite burgers to get at a local restaurant in Tampa. While we're home, I wanted to recreate it in respect for their delicious two-hand experience burger. Pro tip: do not season your meat until the press- this ensures we keep excess moisture to a minimum, allowing a crispy crust to form. Let's Dig In!
1. Wash your hands!
2. Form ground meat into one ball, then with your hand, mark it in half, then in quarters, and then in 8ths. Think pie slices with your hand- this will let you divide the meat into 8 even portions. Roll each into a ball, and set aside.
3. Preheat your Flat Iron Gas Griddle to medium high heat on the three burners closest to the right. The very first burner, heat to low- this is the section you’ll use to toast your buns.
4. Season Flat Iron Griddle, and evenly lay beef portions on the griddle, you’ll know it’s the perfect temperature when you hear a sizzle when the meat touches the heat.
5. Let beef sit for 2-3 minutes. Next, take a spatula and something with a flat base- like a jar, and lay the spatula onto of the meat, and press down with the jar, until the burger patties are smashed flat onto the griddle. NOW is when you season the top side with salt and pepper.
6. Once the edges are crispy and golden brown, flip the burgers, add a slice of cheese, and kill the heat. Let them cook for 2 more minutes on the other side. While they finish cooking, lay burger buns on the first section of the griddle to toast.
7. Combine sauce ingredients, mayo, Dijon, honey, sweet pickles, garlic salt in a bowl and stir.
8. Stack burger buns with two smashed patties, special sauce, and your choice of toppings. Enjoy & dig in, keep the napkins close, because these burgers are juicy and messy! My favorite!