Modelo Beer Can Chicken
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 Hen - 5 Ounces
- 2 Salt - 1 Ounce
- 3 Pepper - 1 Ounce
- 4 Mo' Rockin Spice Rub (The Killer Cook) - 3 Ounces
- 5 Kickin' Carolina Sauce (Grindstaff Rub Co.) - Half Bottle
- 6 Modelo Beer - 16 Ounces
This Modelo chicken surely packs a heavy punch of flavor. If you're looking for a way to spice things up at your next gathering, this recipe is perfect for you. We all love traditional BBQ chicken, but this Modelo chicken is sure to wow your guests!!
1. Heat charcoal grill to 300-350 degrees.
2. Remove giblets from the hen and pat dry.
3. Mix salt, pepper and spice and cover with spice rub.
4. Open the beer can and place it directly into the cavity of the chicken on the cooler side of the grill. Rotate every 30 minutes so one side doesn’t burn.
5. After about an hour of cooking, pour half of the Carolina sauce onto the chicken. Continue to add sauce as you rotate so the chicken doesn’t dry out.
6. Cook the chicken to 165 degrees – about two hours cook time.
7. Remove the beer can with tongs and enjoy