Recipe:Mexican Street Corn
- - 4 ears fresh corn, in the husk
- - ¼ C. mayonnaise
- - ¼ C. sour cream or Mexican crema
- - ½ C. finely crumbled Cotija or feta cheese, plus more for serving
- - ½ Tsp. ancho or guajillo chili powder, plus more for serving
- - 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- - ¼ C. cilantro, finely chopped
- - 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Pre-heat grill to 350°F. Trim the stalk slightly to avoid burning the tips of the corn.
2. Place directly on the grill for 15 minutes, rotating occasionally until the husks are slightly charred. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
3. While corn is on the grill, combine mayonnaise, sour cream or crema, cheese, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
4. Pull back the husks on the corn, remove any remaining silk and cut off the stem.
5. Transfer to a large baking dish and pour in the mayonnaise mixture from Step 2. Roll the corn in the mixture until evenly coated. Slice corn cobs if desired or leave whole.
Transfer to a plate, sprinkle with extra cheese and chili powder and serve immediately with lime wedges. Enjoy!