Mesquite Smoked Barbacoa
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 6 Hrs
- 1 Angus Chuck Roast
- 2 Coarse Black Pepper
- 3 Coarse Salt
- 4 Chipotle Chili Powder
- 5 Cayenne Powder
- 6 Oregano
- 7 Onion Powder
- 8 Garlic Powder
- 9 Cumin
- 10 Beef Stock
Searching for your next taco recipe? This Mesquite Smoked Barbacoa recipe is it! Top this delicious, smoky, savory meat on top of a tortilla, and you've got your new favorite taco!
- In a small bowl, combine the following: black pepper, chipotle chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Trim any excess fat if you see fit and then rub the entire roast with the mixed rub.
- Bring the smoker to 250 degrees and sprinkle coarse salt over the roast. Leave roast on smoker until the internal temperature has reached 170 degrees.
- Break the roast into smaller pieces and then place them into an aluminum container with 2 cups of beef stock and a couple of bay leaves.
- Wrap the container tightly and continue to cook until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 205 degrees.
- Shred and pull the meat apart using your hands.