Man Candy on the AKORN® Auto-Kamado™
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 40 Min
- 1 1 Package of Little Smokies (I used Klements Little Smokies)
- 2 15 Slices of Bacon Sliced in Half
- 3 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 4 A Dash of Char-Griller Ribs Rub
- 5 Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 6 Sheet Pan Lined with Aluminum Foil
This Man Candy recipe is the perfect appetizer for your next game day celebration. Be sure to make extra because these are sure to be a hit among your guests!
- Wrap each smokie with a half a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Once you have wrapped them all add your brown sugar and BBQ rub to a Ziploc bag
- Place a few in the Ziploc bag and shake until each smokie is covered.
Starting your Grill
- Open the lid, remove the cooking grates and heat deflector.
- Stack Charcoal into a pyramid in the center of the fire grate. For indirect heat at 350°F, you'll need 2-3 lbs. of fuel. Place the fire starter at the top of the pile between two pieces of charcoal for top ignition. Note: Fire starter can have significant impact on reaching set temperature and how much charcoal is activated. Using more fire starters will increase the speed in reaching desired temperature, but also results in more charcoal being activated which can make it difficult to control temperatures.
- Open the fan cover.
- Without changing the placement from Step 2, ignite the fire starter. Leave the lid open and allow 3-5 minutes for the fire starter to begin igniting the coals.
- Place the heat deflector for indirect heat cooking. Reinsert grates, close the lid and ensure the power cord is securely plugged into a GFCI Outlet.
- Press the Power button for one second to turn on the controller.
- Press the Grill Temperature button, turn dial to 350°F, and press dial to select.
- The controller will display a suggested damper setting for 5 seconds, adjust as needed. Once temperature is set the fan will begin working to automatically controlling your grill temperature.
- It will take approximately 20-30 minutes for the grill to reach your desired temperature. Once temperature is reached, you are ready to cook.
- Place them on the sheet pan and cook for 30 minutes at 350F.
- After the 30 minutes, brush on your favorite BBQ sauce and let it set up for 10 minutes.