Hibachi Fried Rice
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 3 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 2 1 tablespoon EACH: grapeseed oil and butter
- 3 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 1/2 cup chopped onions (yellow or white)
- 5 2 tsp grated ginger
- 6 2 T low sodium soy sauce
- 7 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 1 scallion thinly sliced, for garnish
If you want the delicious flavor of hibachi, but you don’t want the hassle of going out to eat, try this fried rice recipe! Our hibachi fried rice recipe is super easy to follow, and the results will leave your mouth watering.
- Heat the griddle on high heat until hot.
- Add oil into the pan and allow it to heat up.
- Add the eggs (lightly beaten) to the skillet and scrambled them in the pan quickly.
- Remove the eggs to a bowl and set aside for later.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt. When melted, add the onions and cook them for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the grated ginger and give it 30 seconds before adding cooked rice and eggs back to the griddle. Stir everything to combine.
- Flatten the rice out into a thin layer and allow the rice to sizzle for 30 seconds untouched.
- Stir, and then let sit again for 30 seconds. You’ll notice the rice starts to sizzle and pop in the pan.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil into the rice and allow it to sizzle, stirring so it coats the rice evenly. When the sauce is absorbed and the rice is popping, it’s ready to serve.
- Sprinkle a chopped scallion on top (if desired) and serve!