Grilled Caprese Pizza
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 6 to 8 Min
- 1 1 Ball of Pizza Dough, Rolled out Thinly
- 2 1/2 Cup Pesto
- 3 1 Small Ball Fresh Mozzarella, Torn to Shreds
- 4 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 5 4-5 Fresh Basil Leaves, Whole or Torn
- 6 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 7 1 Tbsp Fresh Parmesan, Shredded or Grated
- 8 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 9 Salt & Pepper to Taste
A quick and easy dinner that brings that “wood-fired” pizza taste right to your back yard. Grilled Pizza is a game changer for week-night dinner. Use a pre-made dough, add a few toppings, kill the heat, and let the cheese melt. Ditch the take-out option tonight, dinner will be on the table in 10 minutes or less. Let’s dig in.
1. Preheat Char-Griller to high heat. Scrape and oil your grates well so the dough does not stick.
2. Spread 1 T of oil to one side of the dough, and place oiled side down on heat first. Immediately turn burners to low and let dough cook for 2-3 minutes that side, until dough bubbles up.
3. Brush remaining oil on uncooked side, and then carefully use spatula to flip dough over. Turn heat off.
4. Spread the dough evenly with pesto, and scatter the torn mozzarella and halved tomatoes over the top. Close the lid, and allow residual heat from the grill to finish cooking the pizza for 5 minutes.
5. Remove pizza from heat and add fresh basil, parsley, and grated parmesan. Serve while warm. Enjoy!