Grilled Apple Strudel
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 30 to 45 Min
- 1 4 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 1 Cup Golden Raisins
- 4 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry, Thawed
- 5 1 Egg
- 6 1/4 Cup Milk
After all those Oktoberfest brats, you need to finish the meal with something sweet. This Grilled Apple Strudel Recipe is the perfect sweet ending to your meal. Crisp and tart Granny Smith apples, sweet raisins and caramelized brown sugar all come together in this dessert.
1. Preheat grill to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Peel, core and slice 3 apples. Peel, core and shred 1 apple. Place all prepared apples in a large bowl.
4. Stir in brown sugar and golden raisins; set aside.
5. Place puff pastry on baking sheet and roll lightly with a rolling pin.
6. Arrange apple filling down the middle of the pastry lengthwise. Fold the pastry lengthwise around the mixture.
7. Seal edges of pastry by using a bit of water on your fingers, and rubbing the pastry edges together.
8. Whisk egg and milk together, and brush onto top of pastry.
9. Bake on the grill for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.