Gravity 980 Saucy Baby Back Ribs
Char-Griller Ambassador James Llorens is a true offset smoking enthusiast, but he tried out the new Gravity 980 to make a batch of his famous ribs and loved the results. Check out his Gravity 980 Rib Recipe Below!
- Remove the membrane using a paper towel.
- Using a sharp knife trim and remove any access meat and fat from top/bottom of the ribs.
- Tip: If you can pull any fat, you should remove it.
- Apply coating of mustard as a binder on both sides of the ribs.
- Tip: apply mustard binder and season the bottom of the ribs first, this will help prevent the top/meat side seasonings from being messy.
- Tip: avoid applying the hot sauce or rubs on the sides of the ribs. This helps the exposed bones from getting burnt during the smoking/grilling process.
- Using your favorite BBQ Rub, apply even coating on the ribs.
- Ribs are now ready to be smoked.
Grilling & Smoking Directions
- Using the Char-Griller Grills Gravity Fed 980 Charcoal Grill, load it up with Lump Charcoal and ignite it with Fogo Starters to 450°.
- Grill the ribs for 35 minutes on the meat and bone sides down on the cooking grate.
- Spritz with apple juice every 30 minutes and rotate ribs.
- Lower the heat to 300° for the reminder of the cook.
- Lather the ribs with BBQ sauce the last 20 mins.
- Remove ribs and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.