Gravity 980 Reverse Seared Steak
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 30-45 Min
- 1 4 Beef Steaks (Ribeyes, Strips, etc.)
- 2 4 Tbsp of Butter
- 3 Kosher Salt
- 4 Black Pepper
- 5 Steak Rub/Seasoning (Optional)
The Gravity 980 is your new go-to grill for the perfect Reverse Seared Steak. Easily accomplish the tender juiciness of going low n' slow and the flavorful crust of the perfect sear during your next cook.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the seasonings.
- Coat your steaks with the seasoning mixture and allow them to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the fire shutter from your Gravity 980, load, then light it and set the temperature to 225-250°F.
- Smoke for about 35-45 minutes until the internal temperature has reached 110° for rare and 150° for well done.
- Increase your grill temperature to 550-700°F. Add 1 Tbsp of butter to each steak before searing.
- Sear the steaks for 1-2 minutes per side or until they reach your desired doneness.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!