Easy Camp Stove Chili
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 1 lb. Ground beef/turkey
- 2 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 2 cans of beans (kidney, black, etc.)
- 4 3 cans of diced tomatoes
- 5 Chili Powder
- 6 Cayenne Pepper
- 7 Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Optional toppings: sour cream, crackers, green onions, shredded cheese
Good chili doesn’t have to be a long and complicated process. In fact, it shouldn’t be if you’re spending the night in the great outdoors. All you need is a pot, your camp stove, 4 ingredients, and your seasonings to accomplish this Easy Chili recipe.
1. In a pot over medium-high heat, cook the ground meat until it is browned. Remove from the pot and set aside.
2. Add onion to the same pot and cook for 4-6 minutes until the onions have sweat out. Return the meat to the pot and add the beans, tomatoes, and seasonings to taste.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil stirring occasionally, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Serve immediately with desired toppings.