Creole Latin Spatchcock Turkey
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 1-2 Hrs
- 1 Whole turkey
- 2 Kitchen Scissors & Pairing Knife
- 3 Char-Griller Marinade Injector
- 4 Creole Seasoning: Generous Coating
- 5 Sazón Seasoning: Generous Coating
- 6 Adobo Seasoning
- 7 Garlic Powder
- 8 Onion Powder
- 9 Creole Butter Injectable Marinade (17 Oz)
- 10 Fresh or Dry Cilantro
- 11 Olive Oil
- 12 Turkey Oven Bags
- 13 Bucket Or Cooler
- 14 Char-Griller Grill
Looking for a creative, new take on the traditional Thanksgiving Turkey? This recipe for Creole Latin Spatchcock Turkey is just what you need. Created by Char-Griller Ambassador James Llorens of Certified Creole BBQ, this recipe is sure to add some spice to your holiday meal!
1. Chop up fresh cilantro and set aside.
2. Remove turkey from bag & remove everything inside the cavity area along with the plastic tie holding the legs.
3.Using kitchen scissors & pairing knife remove the backbone to Spatchcock the turkey. Also trim and remove any access fat & skin.
4. Flip Turkey breast side up & push down on the breast using both hands to help flatten the turkey.
5. Inject turkey with Creole Butter. Use any extra Creole & rub on breast under skin.
6. Generously add olive to the both sides of the turkey.
Tip: continue to trim access fat & skin as you go along.
7. Generously season the turkey with Adobo, Sazón, Creole, onion powder & garlic powder. Then sprinkle cilantro
8. Place turkey in turkey/oven bag & place in bucket or cooler. Place in refrigerator & allow the turkey to rest for 12-24 hours.
1. Remove turkey from bucket/cooler & allow to rest at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
2. Preheat your Char-griller Smoker to 240°.
3. Place turkey in smoker and smoke until the turkey reaches 165° internal temperature.
Product tip: use the Char-griller remote thermometer or folding prob thermometer.
4. Check on turkey about every hour & baste turkey with butter & spritz with apple juice.
Tip: rotate turkey in different directions to allow even cooking.
5. After turkey reaches 165° internal temperature allow the turkey to rest for a minimum of 25 minutes.
6. Sprinkle additional cilantro.
7. Slice, serve & enjoy.