Creole Hush Puppy Fried Chicken Legs & Thighs
- 1 4 Chicken Legs & 4 Thighs
- 2 2 Cups of Milk
- 3 Garlic Parsley Butter
- 4 CharGriller Creole Seasoning
- 5 Caribeque Lemon Garlic Seasoning
- 6 2 Tbs of Sazon
- 7 Garlic Powder To Taste
- 8 Black Pepper To Taste
- 9 Crispy Creole Tony Chachere’s Hush Puppy 9.5 Oz
- 10 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 11 1/2 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 12 Cayenne Pepper To Taste
- 13 Lard For Frying
- 15 Char-Griller Grills Hybrid Gas and Charcoal Grill With a Side Burner
Char-Griller Ambassador James Llorens of Certified Creole BBQ created a unique twist on fried chicken. The buttermilk batter soak is key to getting the best flavor and making sure that the oil is hot and ready to go makes for the best crispy skin.
Garlic Parsley Buttermilk Prepping
- In a large bowl add 2 cups Milk
- Add melted Garlic Parsley Butter: 4 oz. to the milk. -Full Garlic Parsley Recipe links: Written Recipe & Video Recipe
- Add Char-Griller Grills Lemon Pepper: to taste
- Add Caribeque Lemon Garlic: to taste
- Add Black Pepper to Taste
- Add Garlic powder to Taste
- Add Creole Seasoning to Taste
- Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Rinse and clean the chicken legs and thighs with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Trim any fat or cartilage from the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the Garlic Parsley Butter Mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Place in the fridge for 6-24 hours.
- In a large pan add the hush puppy mix: 9.5 oz., All Purpose Flour: one cup and Panko Bread Crumbs: ½ cup
- Add Cayenne Pepper: to taste
- Add Creole Seasoning: to taste
- Add Sazon: 2 tbs
- Add Black Pepper: to taste
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and bowl. Then place the chicken legs and thighs in the batter/breading.
- Tip: apply pressure onto the chicken so the batter/breading can be thickly applied to the chicken.
- Set aside while the cast iron skillet heats up.
- Fire up your Char-Griller Grills Hybrid Gas and Charcoal Grill side burner using a large cast iron skillet with lard.
- Preheat the Cast Iron Skillet with the oil to 335°.
- Place the chicken into the cast iron skillet for 15 minutes or until internal temperature 175°.
- Tip: place the chicken thighs skin side down when placing into the cast iron skillet.
- Remove the chicken from the cast iron skillet and allow it to drain/cool for 7 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy