Bourbon Sloppy Joe's Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 2 Red Bell Pepper
- 3 2 LB Ground Beef
- 4 SPG (Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
- 5 Bourbon Sloppy Sauce: 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, 1/2 Ketchup, A Squeeze of Yellow Mustard, 1/2 Cup Beef Broth, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce, 2 Shots Of Bourbon (optional)
- 6 Sesame Seed Buns
Perfect for any picnic or backyard gathering, these Bourbon Sloppy Joes are a delicious and quick cook. These are sure to be a fan favorite!
- Start by preheating your Flat Iron, one zone on low heat and one zone on medium-high heat. While it’s preheating, dice up your onion and bell pepper.
- Once heated, add your oil and then throw down the onion and pepper. Cook until onions start to slightly brown.
- While the veggies are cooking I like to get the sauce ready. Combine the Bourbon Sloppy sauce ingredients together and whisk thoroughly.
- Now add your ground beef and begin to chop, chop, CHOP! Mix and chop thoroughly until all beef is browned. Once the beef is cooked, pour in your sloppy sauce and be sure to mix! We want all the meat covered.
- Once all settled, turn the beef side burner down to low to keep warm while the buns toast.
- On the low side burner, I toasted some sesame seed buns with butter. About 2-3 minutes to get nice and toasty.
- Remove buns and meat from the Flat Iron and let cool for a few minutes. Make sloppy joes to your liking and enjoy!