Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 Brisket
- 2 Char Griller Original AP Rub
- 3 Pecan Wood Chunks
- 4 Char-Griller Akorn
- 5 Char-Griller Water Pan
- 6 Char-Griller Water Pan
- 7 Spray Bottle For Spritzing and Beef Broth
A good beef brisket recipe is a must for any grilling enthusiast, and this recipe from @BeardedBeastBBQ is a great classic method to prepare the meat. If you prefer to wrap your meat or are wanting to give the method a try, this recipe is for you!
- Rub your brisket generously with Char-Griller Original AP rub. Once I rub my brisket, I will wrap it in saran wrap and leave it in the fridge for 4-6 hours before I start smoking it.
- Get the smoker going to 250-275. I usually aim for the 275 degrees for the AKORN.
- Wrap the brisket when internal temp reaches 165, or when you’re happy with the bark.
- Pull brisket off the smoker when internal temp reaches 203 degrees internal or when it probes like butter.
- Once I pull the brisket from the smoker, I will unwrap it for about 15 minutes, then wrap it back up and place in a well insulated cooler for a hour and half to 2 hours. Then slice and enjoy!