Certified Grilled and Smoked Baby Back Ribs
Prep Time: 25 Min | Cook Time: 2 1/2 Hrs
- 1 Full Slabs of Spare Ribs.
- 2 Yellow Mustard
- 3 Blues Hog Original Dry Rub Seasoning
- 4 Blues Hog Original BBQ Sauce
- 5 Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce
- 6 Loot N’Booty Everything Rub
- 7 Apple Juice (Non Concentrate)
- 8 Char-Griller Grills Rib Rub
- 9 Foil
- 10 Light Brown Sugar
These ribs are cooked hot and fast on the grill but don't worry, they still have all of that great smokey flavor that you love and are nice and tender. A perfect recipe if you don't have a ton of time but still want to make great BBQ.
1. Using a sharp knife slice remove any meat loose on the ends of the ribs. Also remove any access fat from top/meat side of the ribs.
- Tip: If you can pull any fat, you should remove it.
2. Flip the ribs over so the bones are facing up. Remove the membrane and discard. Remove any access fat.
1. Begin by leaving the the ribs bone side up. Apply coating of yellow mustard for a binder.
- Tip: don’t apply yellow mustard or rubs on the sides of the ribs. This helps the exposed bones from getting burnt during the smoking process.
2. Using Char-griller Rib Rub & Loot N’ Booty Everything Rub, apply even coating of the rubs on the ribs.
3. Flip ribs to the top/meat side of the ribs. Apply coating of yellow mustard for a binder.
- Tip: seasoning the bottom of the ribs first will help prevent the top/meat side seasonings from being messy.
4. Using Blues Hog Original Dry Rub Seasoning, Char-griller Rib Rub & Loot N’ Booty Everything Rub, apply even coating of the rubs on the ribs.
5. Ribs are ready to be grilled.
Grilling & Smoking
1. Grill the ribs for 2 minutes on the meat side down on the grill grill grate. Reverse them after one minute.
2. Flip the ribs so they meat side is facing up and grill for an additional 1-2 minutes.
3. Using your Char-Griller Grill glove and grill grate lifter, lift the grill grate and move off to the side of the grill. Quickly insert the Char-Griller Akorn Smokin’ stone, insert Char-Griller grill drip pan filled with water, place grill grate with meat back in the pit.
4. Shut the top smoke stack to a low setting and dodge same to the bottom of the vent. This will allow you to quickly lower your fire. Lock in the temperature when it hits temperature 325°-350° by adjusting the smoke stack and bottom vent.
5. Spritz with apple juice every 30 minutes and rotate ribs.
6. After smoking for 2 1/2 hours add Blues Hog Original BBQ/Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauces to the ribs and smoke for an additional 20 minutes.
7. Remove Ribs and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy.