Wild Rice Pilaf
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 2 Tbsp Butter (Divided)
- 2 1 Carrot, Finely (Chopped)
- 3 1 Celery Stalk, (Finely Chopped)
- 4 1 Shallot, (Finely Chopped)
- 5 2 Garlic Cloves, (Minced)
- 6 1 Cup Wild Rice
- 7 Chicken Broth
- 8 Fresh Sage W/Stem
- 9 Bay Leaf
- 10 3-5 Stems Of Fresh Thyme
- 12 Salt & Pepper
- 13 1/4 Cup Pepitas
- 14 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 15 Smoked Sea Salt
This Wild Rice Pilaf recipe from Char-Griller® Ambassador, Christina Stawiasz of @thyme.and.timbe is a must try. The rice is perfectly seasoned with bay leaf, thyme, sage, and salt and pepper and complimented by the nutty flavor of pepitas and the tartness of cranberries. Add in a mix of carrots, celery, and shallot, and you've got the perfect side dish for any meal.
- Cook wild rice according to package directions. Sub broth for water and add bay leaf, thyme, sage, salt and pepper to taste.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Add carrot, celery, and shallot. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Remove from heat and wipe the pan clean.
- Add and melt remaining butter. Add pepitas and cranberries and sauté until pepitas are golden. Remove from heat, toss with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of smoked sea salt.
- Remove sage, bay leaf, and thyme steams from rice. Mix rice with veggies and pepita mixture.