Smokin’ Whole Bone-In Ham
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 7 Hrs
- 1 Fresh Whole Bone-In Ham: 18 pounds
- 2 Olive Oil: Small Coat, Used for a Binder
- 3 Char-Griller Grills Creole and Sweet & Spicy Seasonings: to taste
- 4 Sazon Seasoning: to taste
- 5 Char-Griller Grills Smokin’ Champ 1733
- 6 Lump Charcoal & Mesquite Smoking Wood
- 7 Char-Griller Grills Drip Pan
- 8 Char-Griller Grills Charcoal Chimney
- 9 Char-Griller Grills Remote Thermometer
- 10 Favorite Glaze: I used a homemade Spicy Strawberry & Raspberry glaze
Ready to smoke the perfect ham for amazing deli-style sandwiches or a nice addition to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner? Using our very own Char-Griller rubs coupled with the finishing glaze of your choice, this Smokin' Whole Bone-In Ham recipe is sure to become one of your favorite things to smoke and your family's favorite dish to eat.
- Using a sharp knife, score the fat on top of the ham on a diagonal into squares. This helps the seasonings penetrate the meat and allows extra smoke into the meat.
- Coat all sides with olive oil.
- Season all sides with Char-Griller Grills Creole, Sweet & Spicy and Sazon Seasonings to taste
- It’s now ready for the smoker!
- Clean out the Char-Griller Smokin’ Champ 1733 smoker and insert the Char-Griller Grills Drip Pan filled with water to the top into the main cooking area under the grill grates in the ash pan area.
- Using the Char-Griller Grills Charcoal Chimney fire up a full chimney of lump charcoal to 250°-300°.
- Release the lump charcoal on top a mesquite smoking log. Allow the smoker to thoroughly warm up, about 20 minutes.
- Place the ham in the smoker over the drip pan.
- Check in on the ham and side firebox every 60 minutes. Rotate the ham for an even smoke and also add lump charcoal/Smoking wood as needed.
- Insert the Char-Griller Grills Remote Thermometer to monitor the internal temperature.
- Smoke ham to internal temperature 135° then glaze all sides of the ham with your favorite glaze.
- Smoke the glazed ham to internal temperature 140°.
- Remove the ham from the smoker and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!