- 1 1 3-4 lb. round steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 2 Tbsp of Kosher Salt
- 4 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 5 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 6 1 Tsp of Onion powder
- 7 1 Tsp of Soy Sauce
- 8 1 Bottle of Dark Beer or IPA
- 9 Black Pepper to taste
Trust us when we say jerky can be much better than the last thought item in line at the grocery store. Smoke your very own jerky one time, and we guarantee it won’t be the last.
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a bowl to form a marinade. Cool completely.
- Transfer the sliced beef to a resealable bag with the marinade, massaging it into the meat. Refrigerate for 12 hours to overnight.
- Preheat your smoker to around 180°F.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, discard the marinade and lay strips flat, thoroughly drying each with paper towels.
- Add marinated meat slices to the smoker on the grates or on a cooling rack and smoke for 2-5 hours depending on how thick your slices are.
- You want your jerky to be dry, yet chewy, but pliable if you bend it. If you bend it and it snaps, then it is too dry.
- Place jerky in a resealable bag while it is still warm, but do not completely seal it closed. This will create the steaming effect to add some moisture. Allow to rest for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy! (Finished jerky will last for 2 weeks in the fridge and 3-5 days at room temperature.