Smoked Chicken Thighs and Veggies
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 4 Chicken Thighs (Skinless)
- 2 1 Crown Broccoli (Chopped)
- 3 1 Crown Cauliflower (Chopped)
- 4 Smoked Cherrywood Sea Salt (To Taste)
- 5 Rosy Cheeks Maple Bourbon Rub (To Taste)
- 6 Bold Bayou Cajun (To Taste)
A lot of people tend to shy away from chicken thighs because they think they are too fatty. That fat is what makes them perfect for long smokes! This recipe from Higher Grilling BBQ is sure to change your mind!
1. Remove the skin from the chicken thighs; I start with the loose skin by the knuckle, grab the skin from underneath and pull up.
2. Season both sides of the thighs with sea salt. We use the smoked cherrywood sea salt to begin our layers.
3. Season both sides of the thighs with Rosy Cheeks (we did one in Bold Bayou ~ it's a little more cajun style and spicy). This is called layering your seasonings.
4. As the chicken sweats, chop up your veggies. Add them to a bowl and toss with oil and salt.
5. Heat your grill up to 250° - 275° for a low and slow cook.
6. Add chicken and veggies to the grill; add your smoking chips.
7. After about 10 minutes flip the chicken and veggies; feel free to add more chips if need be.
8. After about another 10 minutes begin to probe your chicken. You're looking for clear juices and a temp of no less than 165°. When you reach that Internal Temp (IT) pull the chicken and let it rest. Pull the veggies when crisp