Smoked Chicago Style Italian Beef
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 3 Hrs
- 1 3 pounds Chuck Roast
- 2 Italian Beef Seasoning
- 3 Pizza and Pasta Seasoning
- 4 Garlic Powder
- 5 Salt
- 6 Pepper
- 7 Canola Oil
- 8 32 oz Beef Bone Broth
- 9 French Rolls
- 10 One Stick Butter
- 11 10 oz Mezzetta Peperoncini with juice
- 12 Marconi Hot Giardiniera
- 13 Turano French Rolls
- 14 Plain Chips
- Season all sides of the chuck roast with salt, pepper, and pizza and pasta seasoning to taste.
- Fire up your Char-Griller Gravity 980 Grill with lump charcoal, apple and post oak smoking woods to 275˚F.
- Place the chuck roast on the grill and smoke to an internal temperature of 160˚F.
Tip: Spritz the chuck roast with beef broth every 35 minutes until done.
- Add canola oil, Italian beef seasoning, pizza and pasta seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Mezzetta peperoncini, and beef bone broth to a large pot and mix.
- Place the pot with the mixture in the grill to warm.
- Slice the chuck roast and place in the Italian Beef Mixture and cook for 3 hours.
- Place the Italian Beef into the French rolls. Dip into the beef juice and top with Hot Giardiniera.
Tip: Top with mozzarella cheese and serve with plain chips and beef juice on the side.