Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1- 8 oz Bag of Sea Salt Kettle Potato Chips, Crushed (Crust)
- 2 1/4 Cup Flour (Crust)
- 3 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Melted (Crust)
- 4 1 Cup Sugar (Caramel)
- 5 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream (Caramel)
- 6 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (Caramel)
- 7 1 tsp Sea Salt (Caramel)
- 8 10 Oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips (Chocolate Layer)
- 9 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream (Chocolate Layer)
- 10 1/4 Cup Sugar (Chocolate Layer)
- 11 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (Chocolate Layer)
- 12 2 Large Eggs (Chocolate Layer)
A potato chip crust, dark chocolate, and salted caramel all in one amazing recipe. This Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart Recipe from Char-Griller Ambassador and expert dessert maker Angel Hernandez is perfect for holiday parties!
1. Light grill for indirect heat and heat to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine crushed chips, melted butter, and flour. Mix until combined.
3. Press into tart pan and place on grill. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
5. In a sauce pan over medium heat, add sugar and allow to melt completely, stirring frequently.
6. Add cream and butter, stir until combined.
7. Add sea salt and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
9. Pour caramel onto crust.
10. In a saucepan over medium heat, add cream and allow to heat up.
11. Add chocolate chips and sugar, stir until melted and smooth.
12. Add eggs one at a time stirring until combined.
13. Add vanilla and stir.
14. Pour chocolate until crust.
15. Place tart on grill and allow to bake for 20 minutes.
16. Remove from grill and let cool.