Salmon on the Grand Champ™
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 Atlantic Salmon (whole with skin)
- 2 Olive oil: binder, to taste
- 3 Your Favorite Seafood Seasoning: used lemon garlic and seafood boil seasonings, to taste
- 4 Lemon: 1, sliced and seeds removed
- 5 Fresh Garlic Cilantro Butter, to taste (Recipe linked within steps)
- 6 Fresh Cilantro Flakes
- 7 Char-Griller Grand Champ XD
- 8 Griddle: Can use any high heat-protected skillet or griddle insertion
- 9 Lump Charcoal
Take your salmon to the next level by preparing it on the grill! Placing the salmon on cast iron helps ensure the fish stays in one piece.
- Fire up the Grand Champ XD to about 400 degrees with lump charcoal.
- Place the cast iron directly over the lump charcoal to warm up. Drizzle the griddle with olive oil.
- Coat the salmon with olive oil.
- Season the non-skin side of the salmon with lemon garlic and seafood boil seasoning.
- Placed the lemon slices on top of the salmon with the fresh garlic cilantro butter and sprinkled fresh cilantro flakes. Get the recipe for the fresh garlic cilantro butter.
- Placed on the cast iron and cooked over the hot lump charcoal for 25 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145.
- Remove and serve immediately with lemon wedges.