Pickled Red Onion
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 10 whole peppercorns
- 7 1 red onion
Pickled Red Onions are a delicious addition to countless meals! Use this recipe to make your own!
- Slice red onion in half and then slice into long pieces The thickness is up to how you like them.
- Place them in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients, excluding the red onion, until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Boil water.
- Once the water is boiling, pour water onto sliced red onions. Allow to soak for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain water from onions.
- Place onions in a container for storage, a mason jar works well.
- Pour mixed ingredients into the jar with the red onions.
- Allow this to cool before placing into the fridge.
- Enjoy your onions for 1-2 weeks.