Foil Packet Short Ribs
Prep Time: 15 and then chill for 30 minutes Min | Cook Time: 1.5 to 2.5 Hrs
- 1 Packed Brown Sugar - 1 Tbs
- 2 Paprika - 1 Tbs
- 3 Chili Powder - 1 Tbs
- 4 Salt - 1 tsp
- 5 Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
- 6 4 Pounds of Beef Short Ribs
- 7 Barbecue Sauce of Choice - 1/2 Cup
- 8 Ice Cubes
Short Ribs can take a long time. As much as we would like to have the time to babysit them in the oven or on the grill, sometimes we just don’t. Thankfully, this foolproof method uses foil to make the ribs tender, juicy, fall of the bone, and easy.
1. Mix together sugar, chili powder, salt and garlic powder
2. Rub the meat with the mixture generously
3. Place ribs in a dish, cover and put in fridge for 30 minutes
4. Preheat grill to medium indirect heat.
5. Center ¼ of the ribs and two ice cubes on a sheet of foil, seal the packet allowing room for air to circulate.
6. Repeat for three more packets
7. Grill packets over medium, 375 to 400, indirect heat for 1 and a half to two hours or until tender.
8. Open packets and brush ribs with barbecue sauce, cover and grill over indirect heat for 5 minutes. Turning the ribs once.
9. Serve with additional sauce as desired.