Fast Sticky Asian BBQ Ribs
- 1 1 Rack of St.Louis cut ribs cut into individual ribs
- 2 4 Tbsp Favorite sweet bbq rub
- 3 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 4 4 Tbsp butter
- 5 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 ⅛ cup honey
- 7 1 cup Asian style rib glaze or sweet chili sauce
Hey everyone, today we're going to help chef Gordon Ramsay take his Sweet Sticky rib recipe to another level using our Char-Griller AKORN® Auto-Kamado™! This recipe is awesome because you can be eating ribs in under an hour and a half, and honestly who hasn't wanted to enjoy some BBQ ribs, but didn't have 3 to 6 hours to devote to getting them right? On top of that, we're going to put together a delicious Asian-style flavor spin on these and are using some premium Compart Duroc ribs, which are the same ones I use in competitions. This recipe is pretty different from the traditional BBQ stuff I do but it is really fun and by the end has an awesome old-school BBQ flavor so give this one a shot and tell me what you think about it.
- Fire up the Auto-Kamado to 350 degrees with 1 piece of hickory wood and the heat diffuser in place.
- Season all of the individual ribs on all four sides with the sweet bbq rub.
- Season the top of the ribs with the ground ginger.
- Place the ribs on the grate in a circular pattern.
- After 15 minutes of cooking rotate the grate ¼ turn.
- After an additional 15 minutes remove the ribs from the cooker and wrap them in foil with the butter, brown sugar, honey, and asian style glaze or sweet chili sauce.
- Place the foil back on the cooker for another half an hour.
- After that half an hour open the wrap and roll the ribs around so they're covered in the wrap sauce and leave them on the cooker for an additional 10 minutes to set the glaze.
- Remove from the cooker and serve.