Breakfast Smash Burger
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 15-20 Min
- 1 English muffins
- 2 1 lb. hot breakfast sausage
- 3 4-6 eggs (1 per sandwich)
- 4 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 5 Sliced American cheese
- 6 Salt to taste
- 7 Pepper to taste
These Breakfast Smash Burgers are the perfect delicious and quick breakfast to start any day! Pair with your favorite fruit, and you'll have a filling breakfast to get your day going.
- Take your hot breakfast sausage and divided into 2-2.5 oz. balls and set aside.
- Preheat your griddle to medium high heat on 3 burners leaving one burner on low to create a dual heat cooking zone.
- Start by tossing the hash browns on the griddle, coating with a little oil, and flattening everything out. Use your spatula(s) to form the hash browns into a large square or rectangle. Allow hash browns to cook until the have turned golden brown on the bottom. BEFORE FLIPPING cut your hash browns into individual squares that will fit on your English muffins, and then flip. Continue to cook until the second side is golden brown and transfer to the low heat side of the griddle.
- Next toss your breakfast sausage on the griddle and smash each burger for 8-10 seconds. Allow the patties to get a nice crust, and flip to complete the other side, 3-4 minutes per side. Place a slice of cheese on each patty after it is flipped. Transfer completed patties to low side of griddle.
- Last, add a little oil before pouring your eggs on the griddle. Fry for 2-3 minutes and season. At the same time, add your English muffins to the griddle to toast.
- Assemble your sandwiches with the bottom of the English muffin, sausage patty, hash brown square, fried egg, and top with the other half of the muffin.
- Serve for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with some fresh fruit. Enjoy!