Smoked Thanksgiving Turkey
- 1 Turkey
- 2 Brine of your Choice
- 3 All Purpose Rub
- 4 SPG (Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
- 5 Injection of your Choice
- 6 Butter
- 7 Herbs
Make Thanksgiving easy this year with this delicious Smoked Turkey recipe using the AKORN Auto-Kamado.
- Make sure your turkey is completely thawed and then brine with a brine of your choice at one hour per pound.
- Afterwards, take the turkey out of the brine and let it air dry on a rack and pan in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Next, inject all parts of the turkey with the injection of your choice and season with the All Purpose Rub and SPG of your choice.
- Load your AKORN Auto-Kamado with charcoal and preheat to 300F.
- Before placing the turkey on the grill, place a dew chunks of your desired wood into the grill for smoke.
- Once the smoke is burning clean, put on the turkey and let it cook for one hour.
- Baste every hour with butter and hers until the internal temperature of the breast reaches 165F and 175F in the thighs.
- In the meantime, tent with foil when you get to the desired color that you like.