Smoked Sausage Stuffing
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 60 Min
- 1 1 16-Oz Bag Stuffing Cubes
- 2 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 3 1 Pound Fresh Sage Sausage (Casing Removed)
- 4 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 5 2 Ribs Celery With Leaves (Chopped)
- 6 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 7 2 Diced Apples
- 8 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 9 1/4 Cup Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 10 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 11 2 Eggs
This holiday season, say no to boxed stuffing! This easy Smoked Sausage Stuffing will complete just about any meal! This Smoked Sausage Stuffing is packed with flavor and texture. Your guest will gobble up every last bit!
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a 12" cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the onion, celery, and salt. Cook until the vegetables get soft, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the bread, apples, dried cranberries, and parsley, stirring gently to evenly distribute.
- In a large bowl, combine the broth and eggs, and pour it over the bread cube mixture in the skillet. Top with 2 Tablespoons of melted butter.
- Place the skillet full of stuffing on the smoker and cook for 60 minutes until the top is crisp and golden.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the smoker and serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve