Smoked Baked Spaghetti
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 1 lb. spaghetti
- 3 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 4 1 C. onion, diced
- 5 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 1 chopped green pepper, cored and seeded
- 7 1½ C. spaghetti sauce
- 8 2 C. grated or shredded cheese (Colby jack, Mozzarella or Parmesan)
- 9 2 C. mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 10 2.25 oz. can of black olives, drained (optional)
- 11 1 Tsp. salt
- 12 1 Tsp. pepper
1. Fill stockpot with water and salt and bring to a boil.
2. Cook spaghetti until al dente, following directions on package. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
3. Sauté onion, green pepper and mushrooms in a large skillet until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside in a small bowl. Do not wipe pan.
4. Brown ground beef in the same pan and add minced garlic, salt and pepper and stir.
5. Drain grease from ground beef and add green pepper, onion, mushrooms and spaghetti sauce. Mix well.
6. Add 2 Tbsp. melted butter and ½ cup of grated cheese to cooked spaghetti and stir.
7. Place 1/3 of meat sauce in the bottom of a well-greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
8. Layer 1/3 of cheese on top of meat sauce.
9. Add all of the spaghetti and spread evenly.
10. Pour the rest of the meat sauce on top of spaghetti in an even layer.
11. Bake for 45 minutes at 350˚F.
12. Spread the remaining cheese and add black olives in an even layer across the top.
13. Bake at 350˚F for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve!
Note: The mushrooms and black olives in this recipe can be swapped out with toppings of your choice.