Seared Sesame Ahi Tuna
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 2 Ahi Tuna steaks
- 2 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 1 Tsp. sesame oil
- 4 3 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 5 3 Tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 6 Salt and pepper, to taste
- 7 Wasabi, for serving
- 8 Lemon wedges, for serving
- 9 Soy sauce, for serving
1. Pre-heat grill to 400°F. Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry with paper towel. Place steaks on a clean cutting board and coat with olive oil and 1 Tsp. of sesame oil. Season on both sides with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Toss black and white sesame seeds together in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Press the tuna steaks into the sesame seeds, covering all sides of the steaks.
3. Place the steaks on the grill to sear for 2 minutes on each side, flipping halfway through. Watch the steaks closely so that the sesame seeds don't burn. Use tongs to lift and sear the edges of the steaks.
4. Remove steaks from the grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice the steaks against the grain into 1” thick strips. The steaks should have a rare, bright-red middle.
Serve with wasabi, soy sauce and lemon wedges, if desired.
Allergy notice: Recipe contains sesame seeds and sesame oil.