Seared Scallops with Pancetta
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 12 U-10 Scallops
- 2 4 oz. pancetta, chopped
- 3 ½ red onion or 1 shallot, minced
- 4 2 C. green peas, drained and divided
- 5 4 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 6 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 7 Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 4 oz. mint, divided
- 9 Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat grill to 375°F. Fry pancetta in a cast iron pan for about 5 minutes and drain grease. Add minced red onion (or shallot, if substituting) and 1 C. peas to pan and season with salt and pepper, then add ½ of mint and stir to incorporate. Cook until warmed through.
2. Combine 1 C. peas and lemon juice, remaining mint, olive oil and Parmesan cheese in a food processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
3. Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towel. Season scallops with salt and pepper to taste on all sides. Place on the grill and sear for 3-5 minutes per side.
To serve, spoon peas onto plate, add scallops and top with pancetta mixture. Enjoy!