Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 10 oz. ground salmon
- 2 1½ Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 1 Tbsp. horseradish
- 5 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 ⅛ oz. chives or tarragon, finely chopped
- 7 Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 ¼ C. panko breadcrumbs
- 9 1 Tbsp. capers, roughly chopped, optional
- 10 Brioche or hamburger buns
- 11 Olive oil
- 12 Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat grill to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine salmon, mustard, horseradish, bread crumbs, capers, if using, and scallions. Season with ½ Tsp. salt and pepper, to taste. Mix ingredients by hand until well blended.
2. Form 2 equal patties, about 1” thick. Transfer to a plate and chill in refrigerator until firm, 5-10 minutes.
3. While burgers chill, whisk together mayonnaise, chives (or tarragon, if substituting), lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl to make aioli. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Grill salmon burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through and opaque.
5. Place buns cut-side down on grill and toast until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
To serve spread aioli on salmon burgers and top with condiments of choice. Enjoy!