Pork Belly Tocina Breakfast Burrito
Prep Time: 90 to 150 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 4 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 5 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 2 tablespoons cane vinegar
- 7 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 8 Natural red food coloring (optional)
- 9 Sliced pork belly
- 10 Hash browns
- 11 Eggs
- 12 BBQ rub (your favorite)
- 13 Shredded cheese
- 14 Hot sauce
- 15 Large flour tortillas
- 16 Foil for wrapping
Prep time: 2 1/2 hours (including 1-2 hours of marinating time or 30 minutes if using a chamber vacuum sealer)
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic paste, soy sauce, cane vinegar, pineapple juice, and natural red food coloring (if desired). Mix well to make the marinade.
- Add the sliced pork belly to the marinade and ensure it is fully coated. Let it marinate for 1-2 hours, preferably overnight. If you have a chamber vacuum sealer, you can use the instant marinate function and fully marinate the pork belly in minutes.
- Cook your hash browns according to your preferred method.
- On a Char-Griller Flat Iron or a similar cooking surface, cook the marinated Tocino until it develops a nice char.
- In a separate pan, cook your eggs and season them with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Take a large flour tortilla and assemble the burrito. Start by adding the cooked eggs, hash browns, cooked Tocino, shredded cheese, and hot sauce to your liking.
- Fold the tortilla into a burrito shape, ensuring all the fillings are secured inside.
- Grill each side of the burrito on the flat top until it is heated through and the tortilla gets slightly crispy.
- Wrap the burrito in foil to keep it warm and let the flavors meld together.
- Finally, cut the burrito in half, and it is ready to be enjoyed.
Note: Cooking times may vary, so please adjust accordingly based on your equipment and preferences.