Open Fire Chicago Style Pizza Puffs & Crinkle Fries
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 5 Min
- 1 2-3 Pizza Puffs
- 2 Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cast Iron Skillet
Because in Illinois we love pizza puffs & Crinkle Fries. I’ve had many of these throughout the years growing up in Chicago and now as an adult living in the Chicagoland Suburbs. You can find pizza puff at basically any Chicagoland Hot Dog or Italian Beef Stand and can also be found at the grocery store in frozen pizza section. They have many flavors that include, the original pizza puff, pepperoni pizza puff, beef pizza puff, pulled pork BBQ puff, Reuben puff, taco puff and plenty more. They are also made near my Grandmother’s old house in Chicago in the Westown neighborhood by a company named Iltaco. They are quick & easy to fry. Fried the pizza puffs in my Char-Griller Grills AKORN® Kamado in a cast iron skillet over a hot open Lump Charcoal Fire.
- Fire up the AKORN Kamado to 350°.
- Place the cast iron skillet filled with vegetable oil & warm up to 350°.
- Place the pizza puffs into the hot oil in the cast iron skillet and fry for 5 mins and then flip.
- Fry for additional 5 mins & remove. It will look golden brown
- Allow the pizza puff to cool done, it gets hot!
- Fry the crinkle fries for 4 mins/until golden brown.
- Remove the fries from the oil.
- Serve & enjoy!