Hot 'N Fast Baby Backs
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 Baby Back Ribs
- 2 SPG Rub (Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
- 3 Sweet BBQ Rub
- 4 Your Favorite Binder (Mustard, Hot Sauce, Oil, or Cooking Spray)
- 5 Apple Cider Vinegar
Sometimes smoking ribs isn’t for everyone! No wood, not enough time, or no smoker! Charcoal and a rack of baby backs is all you need for this! Explode your taste buds this grilling season.
- Start by getting your grill ready. We’ll be cooking over indirect heat at 325-350 degrees. A little charcoal goes a long way!
- While the charcoal is getting hot, let's get to prepping the ribs. First remove the silver skin/membrane on the bone side of the rack. A butter knife and a paper towel works wonders. Once removed, coat in your favorite binder. Coat in a small amount of SPG. Not too heavy, we don’t want it too salty since we’re going for dry rub. Then coat in a generous amount of your favorite BBQ Rub.
- Let the rack sit to let the rub soak into the meat. You’ll see it start to “sweat”. That’s a good sign! Once the grill is ready, place the rack on the opposite side of the charcoal. (Thus making it an indirect heat cook.)
- After 30 minutes, spray down the ribs with apple cider vinegar and every 30 minutes from this point on. 2 hours into the cook you’ll want to start checking the temperature. For these ribs we’re looking for 203-205 internal temperature. Check it according to how fast your ribs are cooking. Since we’re not wrapping, the internal temperature can definitely get away from you.
- Once it hits the desired internal temperature, pull the rack from the grill, set aside, and let rest for 5-10 minutes. When slicing, I like to flip the rack over to see the bones for easier cutting!
- Enjoy your sweet, Hot ‘N Fast baby backs!