Grilled Scallops with a Citrus Caper Chimichurri
- 1 1.5 Lbs Scallops
- 2 2 Lemons
- 3 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 5 1 Tsp Red Chili Flake
- 6 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 7 2 Tbsp Capers (Chopped)
- 8 Salt & Pepper To Taste
Char-Griller Ambassador, Aubrey Johansen shares her Grilled Scallops with a Citrus Caper Chimichurri recipe: Scallops are my favorite food, hands down. They're also incredibly easy to cook and so impressive! I feel like with most higher priced proteins, we shy away from them out of fear, but this recipe is going to teach you an easy grilled method that will impress anyone! If you're cooking for one, even better- more for you, and less sharing. The caper & herb infused oil is totally optional, plain melted butter is always a great choice on fish, but if you want to get a little fancy, give it a try! Let's dig in!
- Preheat Char-Griller Texas Trio® to high heat, allowing the grates to have plenty of time to heat up, around 20 minutes should do the trick! While the grill is heating up, clean your scallops by removing the "foot", the small little flap on the outside- as it gets tough and rubbery when cooking. Pat them dry with a towel and sprinkle each side liberally with salt. Pro Tip: The secret to a crispy sear, whether grilled or in a skillet, is to make sure your scallops are free of extra moisture. Be very careful to dry them well with a towel, and only season right before you apply them to the grill, so the salt doesn't create another layer of moisture as it sits on the scallop.
- With your two lemons, zest one and set the zest aside. Cut them both in half. Spray your grill with non-stick spray, I like a high temperature oil like grapeseed, and place your scallops and lemon halves on the grill. Leave the lid open, and let scallops cook for 4 minutes on one side, then flip and let finish cooking for 2 more minutes on the other side. Pull them from the heat, and squeeze the grilled lemons over the top.
- With the lemon zest, add the capers, parsley, olive oil, garlic, chili flake, salt & pepper, and stir. Spoon mixture over grilled scallops and enjoy! I love to serve these with a simple grilled zucchini or a salad. Enjoy!