Grilled Cilantro Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 Room Temperature Water - 8 Cups
- 2 Course Kosher Salt - 1/3 Cup
- 3 Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
- 4 Chicken Wings with Tips Removed, Drumettes and Flats Separated - 3 to 4 Pounds
- 5 Oil for Grilling - 1 Tablespoon
- 6 Unsalted Butter - 1/2 Cup
- 7 Minced Garlic Cloves - 4
- 8 Smoked Paprika - 1 Teaspoon
- 9 Course Kosher Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- 10 Black Pepper - 1/4 Teaspoon
- 11 Grated Parmesan Cheese - 1/4 Cup
- 13 Parmesan Cheese for Garnish - 2 Tablespoons
Everyone loves chicken wings, but grilled chicken wings? They’re 10 times better than fried!
These wings are quick-brined for 30 minutes in a simple solution of water, salt and sugar to achieve that juicy tender inside and crispy crunchy outside. They’re tossed in a generous mixture of melted butter infused with garlic, parmesan, smoked paprika and salt.
Top the wings with some freshly chopped cilantro to add some bright Mexican-inspired flavors and enjoy!
1. Make a quick brine: In a large bowl, add water, coarse kosher salt and sugar. Stir together until the sugar and salt have completely dissolved. Add the chicken wings, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare wings: Remove the chicken wings from the brine and pat completely dry with paper towels. Place in a large mixing bowl, add in 1 tablespoon oil for grilling and toss together to coat.
3. Prepare the grill: Preheat grill to medium-high heat (about 400°F-450°F). Brush the preheated grill grate with cooking oil to prevent sticking by wiping it down with a folded paper towel that has been soaked in vegetable oil.
4. Grill the wings: Grill the chicken wings with the lid closed for about 8 minutes per side, rearranging them on the grill accordingly if you notice that some wings are cooking faster than others. Grilled wings are ready when the meat is no longer pink at the bone and the temperature in the thickest part registers at least 165°F. Remove from the grill and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Make the wing sauce: Heat a small pot or saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the smoked paprika, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, black pepper and salt. Stir together to combine and remove from heat.
6. Coat the wings: Pour half of the garlic Parmesan wing sauce onto the grilled wings. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and toss with the wings to combine. Pour the other half of the sauce in a small bowl or ramekin to serve as a dipping sauce if desired.
7. Serve: Top the wings with chopped cilantro and shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve with the reserved garlic Parmesan sauce and enjoy.