Griddle Smashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 3 Min | Cook Time: 35 Min
- 1 1 pound baby potatoes
- 2 Kosher salt
- 3 Rosemary
- 4 4 tablespoons oil
- 5 4 tablespoons butter
Smashed potatoes make the perfect side dish to almost any meal. Your family and friends will love this griddle smashed potato dish that might just end up being tastier than your main meal. We love these potatoes because they turn out crisped to perfection.
- Pre-cook your baby potatoes in salted water until they are fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes and set them out on a sheet lined with paper towels to dry for 60 minutes. If you want to speed up this process or add a little smoke to the mix, you can use your grill running at about 180-200 degrees to speed up the drying process. Cook them for about 20-30 minutes using this method.
- Once the potatoes are dry, preheat your griddle to medium to medium-low heat. Place some oil and butter over the cooking surface, and place the potatoes on, leaving about 2 inches between each potato.
- Use a heavy spatula or griddle press and squish the potatoes down a bit so there is more of the surface touching the griddle.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let cook for several minutes, until the bottoms are browned.
- Drizzle oil over the top of the potatoes and lay some more butter down on the griddle if necessary, and then flip the potatoes to cook and crisp up the other side.
- Remove to a plate, sprinkle with a little chopped rosemary, and serve.